Reignited Skylanders Headcanons
Reignited Skylanders Headcanons:
What if the dragons from the Skylanders franchise were in the 'Classic/Reignited' Spyro timeline? I've been thinking about this topic for a very long time, and I was inspired to create this series not only as an extension to my Young Dragon Headcanons but because I was really starting to get into Skylanders lore (Though I've never played a game in the series before) and I honestly want the two universes to merge, at least when it comes to their dragon characters. Dragons like Camo and Zap don't have wings, High Five resembles a dragonfly while Bash looks like a walking boulder, and it was these design choices that really pushed me to write about them in a way that connected them back to the Dragon Realms. 
TW: There are mentions of disfigurement, genocide, and kidnapping of children throughout the drabbles!
Synopsis:
Perhaps there were more younger dragons than what was originally thought... Currently, there are great efforts being done to reunite them with their proper clans, but a lot of them seem to be finding their way back to each other on their own. For those who've returned, their new daily lives will consist of studying and training to pursue professions appropriate to their clans and personal adaptations. These headcanons are meant to explore how the Skylanders dragons fit into the 'Classic/ Reignited' Spyro timeline.

*Set sometime after the defeat of the Sorceress but before the Sorcerer as more dragons are likely to come out of hiding and communication is slowly being reestablished between the Dragon Realms, Avalar, and the Forgotten Realms.
(1/2) Sample of Chapter 1:

A Long-Awaited Resurgence
---
PROPERTY OF ARGUS OF ARTISANS
---
*Numbers reported by the Leaders of the Dragon Realms, revised and verified by Alban and Oswin of Artisans.
  • Lord Nestor of Artisans:
    • 48 Eggs:
      • 10 Females
      • 38 Males
  • General Titan of Peace Keepers:
    • 48 Eggs:
      • 19 Females
      • 29 Males
  • Grand Master Cosmos of Magic Crafters:
    • 50 Eggs:
      • 5 Females
      • 45 Males
  • Brother Bruno of Beast Makers: 
    • 48 Eggs:
      • 12 Females
      • 36 Males
  • Maharishi Lateef of Dream Weavers:
    • 48 Eggs:
      • 24 Females
      • 24 Males
Total Number of Hatched Males: 172 (~71% of total population)

Total Number of Hatched Females: 70 (~29% of total population)

Total Amount of Hatched Eggs: 242 (~100% of total population)

*All ratios subject to change in the future.
---
It feels good to be able to organize my thoughts once more on the crisp page of a blank notebook as my travels have exposed me to the best news our people have received in centuries. This Year of the Dragon has blessed our Realms with what is essentially a 'Baby Boom', an impressive number of dragon hatchlings are present in every inhabited Dragon Realm, and more are being discovered on a daily basis.

The search efforts have been forwarded by, of all dragons, Spyro of Artisans. The exact same Spyro who openly admitted to setting livestock ablaze for his own entertainment and who also thought he could get away with not bathing for a full year without anyone noticing. Yes. Our Spyro. I'll admit I had reasonable doubt when it came to his heroics, but the boy has always been blessed with incredible luck since birth, so I knew he would at the very least return from his misadventures alive. Though nobody could've predicted what happened next. To my delight and eternal bewilderment, young Spyro has directly aided his people by bringing the hatchlings back to our realms but not before defeating several dastardly, outright genocidal villains:

1. There was Gnasty Gnorc who hired Thieves to take the 12 eggs we had assumed to be the remainder of the next generation for unknown reasons. Defeated by Spyro ~5 years ago. Returned to his trash heap in Gnorc Gnexus with a good deal of his magical artifacts confiscated.

2. Ripto the Riptoc, he pilfered no eggs. In all honesty, he was quite unremarkable, but he is familiar with our species which raises a whole host of questions about his background. Defeated by Spyro ~4 years ago. Currently incarcerated in Peace Keepers.

3. The Sorceress of the Forgotten Realms, approximately 150 eggs were discovered across her 'kingdom'. According to her former apprentice, Bianca, she was using dragon wings as a means to keep herself perpetually youthful. There are likely more to be uncovered in the rubble of her reign. The slimy-scaled witch was rightfully destroyed by Spyro ~3 years ago.

4. Redford of Beast Makers, 80 eggs were taken during his near successful and rather abrupt takeover of the Dragon Realms. Whether or not he had direct involvement in orchestrating the kidnapping is to be determined. Defeated by Spyro ~1 years ago. Incarcerated in Peace Keepers.

5. The Sorcerer, currently unknown how many eggs are in his possession. But Kaitlin of Beast Makers has reported a hooded creature ransacking the Terrace Village hatchery. ~ 1 week ago Spyro has made it his mission to personally meet this 'Sorcerer' character.

But we've made an incredible discovery that surpasses everything written in importance so far, young dragons are making their way back to us, dragons around Spyro's age, which leads me to conclude, due to their age, that their eggs somehow managed to avoid the evil clutches of the Sorceress. It lines up perfectly with my established theories:
  • She had the largest hoard of eggs, 150+ scattered around the Forgotten Realms. The most out of any of Spyro's foes.
  • She managed to keep herself alive for over a thousand years. Sustaining herself on the hatchlings' limbs, but without proper conditions, namely a living dragon to facilitate the actual hatching... I shudder to think how she obtained their wings for her insidious spells.
  • Her magic was weakening, our entire former kingdom's, all of the Forgotten Realms' magic was weakening, so getting away from her was far easier than in previous decades, and eggs did hatch, so perhaps a dragon who avoided the initial banishment aided them in their escape. This unknown event is exceedingly irksome to me! Who was left behind? Who would have the gall to betray her and run the risk of forfeiting their own life? Without leads, I'm at a loss, it's all still so damn unclear to me!

On a much-needed lighter note, I've had the pleasure of meeting a good portion of the youths and learning their stories and from which cultures they were born into. I have recorded my findings on the children and to put it simply... They are a colorful bunch.

(2/2) Sample of Chapter 3:

Blades
  • Heart of gold, wings of steel, he'd gladly lay his life down to protect the weak and innocent. He's a solo act, and, despite his outwardly gracious and bouncy demeanor, works terribly with his allies. A contributing factor being his naive arrogance and unintentional underestimation of other's abilities, staples of his personality that frequently cause him to get into battles where supposedly 'weak' enemies are oftentimes victorious.
  • A Peace Keeper parading about as Magic Crafter... No, he's got to be something else with all that Wind power he's dishing out. Ask him and he'll cheekily say both. Though, Magic Crafters aren't typically super assertive or highly skilled swordsman, Blades is a humongous exception to that stereotype in many ways. He's adept at using his Element of Wind, more than a lot of full-grown Magic Crafters were at his age, then again most Magic Crafters weren't self-taught knights raised and trained by Weather Imps to manipulate weather patterns, so there’s that.
  • Ember was actually the one seeking him out, 'The Great Keeper of the Sky', not knowing that he was in fact a dragon, and something was bound to happen with all the buttons and switches Ember was pressing on a giant Cloudy Domain airship. She was trying to bulldoze her way through her mission and quickly find this warrior so they could spar, though she never would've imagined that she would come face to face with an inhabitant of said ship, much less a dragon at that. Ember immediately apologized and then obediently sat through Blades’ wordy explanation of how not to operate the Weather Machines in Cloudy Domain and lightly reprimanded her for blowing up the ship’s Hail Turret Defense System. Fast forward a handful of months, and one reintroduction into dragon civilization later, and Ember and Blades are thick as thieves having bonded over their similar weaponry, heroic ideals, and love of training.
  • He hatched in Cloudy Domain and was raised in Cloud Spires by the Weather Imps who put baby Blades to work using his wind abilities to splice and reposition clouds and, after he showed great talent for it, taught him how to create contained cyclones along with sonic booms. Nowadays, he can read Weather patterns with his sense of smell and if foolishly prompted can go on at great length, and in great detail about everything and anything related to clouds and atmospheric phenomena.
  • His eye-catching set of armor was fashioned from the spare parts of a decommissioned wind turbine as a ‘Thank You’ gift from the denizens of Metropolis after he bravely stopped an invasion from a Sheep UFO Mothership. It was a grueling battle, both sides were at a standstill, until the cleverer Blades discovered the greatest weakness the Mothership had... Unlocked doors. Ha! No Magic required, just a little breath of fire, and the Sheep onboard were overcooked mutton. Now expect to hear this story told over and over again in finer detail whenever someone makes a passing reference or remark towards his unusual metallic garments.
  • A name fit for a Magic Crafter paladin renowned for his powerful wings and excellent Elemental control over Wind, this was serious business, and Magic Crafters, the fanciful and fussy clan they are, were taking their sweet, sweet time with this one. One whole month to be precise. Great-great-great grandfather Altair... had nothing. Leader of the clan Cosmos... needed more time. And then they appeared, like angels descending from their golden mountaintops, the joyously eccentric ‘Wizard Peak Pack’, who were overprepared for the young one’s arrival and practically name dumped on an overwhelmed Blades. Lucas, wanting to keep the boy calm and comfortable during their intense first impression, had to hush his unorganized brothers in order for him to get the last suggested name out, a name so striking and gallant that Blades would've been downright foolish to reject it, a name fit for him… Cygnus.
I like the idea of Skylander dragons being implemented into the Reignited universe, there's lots of possibilities. Smile
"Looks like I got some things to do!"

[Image: 06c5b25a08299b7ecb5d4b2ceb06a9d6.gif]