Why are there multiple disc arts?
Question 
I was looking online for a copy of “The Legend of Spyro: The Dawn of the Dragon” to buy. (I used to own a copy, but sold it…) What I noticed was there are two different Disc arts for the game on the Wii. A full colour version and a Purple and Silver version. Originally I thought it was region specific, but on a closer inspection both disc arts are used with the NTCS version (US Version). 

My question is: Why is there more than one disc art used in the same region? Was one apart of a ‘special edition’ or something?
I don’t think so. All game covers of DOTD share the same cover art and logos.
"Looks like I got some things to do!"

[Image: 06c5b25a08299b7ecb5d4b2ceb06a9d6.gif]
(05-12-2023, 04:49 AM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: I don’t think so. All game covers of DOTD share the same cover art and logos.

Sorry, for wording that so poorly. I meant the art work that is on the game discs (see pictures below):

[Image: s-l500.jpg]      [Image: 7983894-the-legend-of-spyro-dawn-of-the-...-media.jpg]
Ohhh! Could be early printed versions, before fully colored labels were made for the Wii.

(05-12-2023, 10:25 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: Ohhh! Could be early printed versions, before fully colored labels were made for the Wii.

That would definitely make a lot of sense. I’m surprised there isn’t more information on disc art in general, but I guess it’s something you almost never see anyways lol
I think there were talks about it around 2008.